Thursday 2 May 2013

Question Four- Who would the target audience for your product be?


I had a clear idea of who my target audience would as soon I began planning the task.  I aimed my product at a target audience of young alternative music listeners from the ages of 16-25. From secondary market research on readers of Kerrang! And other rock magazines, I could create some assumptions about my target market. For example, the fact that they would be regularly attending gigs and purchasing music.  I also found it to be more likely due to this research that they would be primarily male with around a reader ratio of 60% male and 40% female.


I also thought about the kinds of things they would be interested in. Hence why I featured information about “Download Festival” as a cover line, knowing that this age group are more likely to be festival goers. I’ve also used photographs which I feel appeal to my target audience as well as informal language.
As a result, my product would most likely feature advertisements for clothing brands which suit this audience as well as gadgets and gigs. I have also thought about the clothing and brands that my target audience would be interested in. From my own observation at gigs I know that band merchandise is regularly worn by them, as well as skinny jeans. My target audience are more focused on bright statement clothing such as neon or ripped jeans or alternatively dark clothing. Brands such as:

Criminal Damage, Converse, Vans and shops such as Blue Banana would be probable advertisers within my product as a result of my target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment