Monday 25 March 2013

Cover Drafting Process

Here I have posted a few of my InDesign drafts to show how my cover has transformed. As you can see a lot have changes have been made in the process.

Above you can see one of my basic early drafts. The masthead still remains as the initial full title "Live N' Let Rock!" and the cover lines are all missing.
Here I have changed my masthead to the shorter, catchier "Live Rock!" I have changed this due to the results of my market research, I agreed with the results, where the majority preferred this shorted title. I've added coverlines, and a layout plan for a banner at the bottom of the page, as well as a barcode. However the coverlines are only on the left hand side and changes were needed regarding the main cover line and it's font/layout. I've also added a subsidiary image of a festival in the additional space the shorter masthead has created.
Here my front cover is almost complete, the bottom banner has been slightly improved and at this point only a few changes needed to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment